Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Golf

Today was a red letter day. No, not a "Scarlet A" branded on my forehead, but a day recognised the world over as the "1st Golf Lesson for me"!!

Since I won a free round of golf at a new course in Eastern Washington (the Columbia Point Golf Course) in Richland while I was in Arizona, which I decided to sort of share with my buddy Vince, I needed lessons. Today was the day.

At 9am I met the pro and he started me off with the "pitching wedge", then moved on to the 6 Iron and then the driver. He was patient and very good. He could see my bad moves and told me how to fix them. Which I tried mightily to do. Some success and a lot of balls going the wrong direction. Not behind me but way off to the right (fading) and often off to the left and a couple dribbling down the grass in front of me.

Today was an hour lesson with another hour and a half spent by myself practicing what he had shown me. I could sense when I did things right and I could also sense when I did something awful. Which was often. But I felt good about it. Will have four more lessons and lots of practice in between. All so I can play Columbia Point? Who knew?

Watch out Tiger!

No comments:

Post a Comment