Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring and Cats

Well, we did have three days of spring with sun and warmer weather. Now we are back to gray. 500 shades of gray but gray nevertheless. But I don't mind. Being a webfooted native gray is a part of life here in the beautiful NW.

Tried to take Bitsy to the vet today. I thought she would hurt herself in her struggles when I tried to put her into the cat carrier, so I stopped trying to put her in. I hope she forgives me. Reason for the vet? She (the cat) has not eaten in several days. She took some water this morning but only sniffed at her food again. Thought sew was doing better yesterday when she took a few bites. It's as if she does not know what the stuff is.

The cat took off like a shot when I dropped her. I made the mistake of having the garage door open and out she went. Probably gone into hiding again as she did for a couple of days. Did not see her until she decided it was time for bed. Then she comes to the sliding door in the bedroom and meows. That is her usual mode of operation so she hasn't forgotten everything.

Yesterday in the nice warm sun I pruned some troublesome branches from our cherry tree. That tree sure has been abused in it's long life. It was here when we moved in and from what I know it was planted over 30 nyears ago. It usually has a lot of cherries though we don't many of them as the birds, Racoons and neighbors get most. The neighbors with permission so dont get excited about bad neighbors. Some say to put netting over the tree. I don't mind sharing the cherries with the critters in our yard. It is fun watching a momma racoon and her kits climb into the tree and try to get the ones on the ends of the branches. Sometimes they tumble out or mom has to come and rescue them as they hang onto the limb about three feet off the ground.

The other day we watched 5 eagles soaring and swooping down onto the water after fish. I assume it was fish they were after. Did not see anything on the surface. The eagles would hitr the water and fly up and come around again. Did not see any thing in talons. Could have been too small or they did not get anything.

I am still waiting for a whale sighting. They are down the island but only one sighting while I was gone was in our area. One must spend a lot of time looking out the window or working outside quietly. Quietly? Yes. So you can here the exhalation of the whale as it surfaces. Soon maybe? One lives in hope.

1 comment:

  1. So what's up with your cat? You need to be smarter than she is....don't you know that?
    Hold her by the scruff of her neck and tuck in her feet and get her into that carrying cage!

    I do hope she will be okay. Let us know if you hear a whale. I love that sound. I remember hearing them long before we could actually see them. How cool.
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete