Friday, March 20, 2009

Fun in the sun

What can one say about being in Arizona and splashing in a very nice pool, watching baseball and eating way too much at a variety of restaurants? Wahoo? We've had a lot of sun and lots of "pool time" as my brother calls it.

Most days were getting up, swimming, showering, eating, going to games, swimming, eating and lots of laughing. Of course, since I had a sinus reaction of some kind to AZ, I needed to take some drugs. My eyes watered, my nose ran and my sinus (only the left side) hurt. I had to cancel a dinner with an old work mate and her sister on Monday due to the sinus. But by Tuesday I was okay and did not look like a one eyed squinty goof.

I think the best day came on Wednesday when I went for a drive and passed by the "Turf Soaring School". I drove by and went on to Wickenburg after trying to see Lake Pleasant just for fun but I did not want to pay $6 to see the lake. On the way back to the house I decided to see what was up at the soaring school.

Sure glad I did.

Got to see Lake Pleasant from 5000 feet. The flight was just under an hour and counts as my first sail plane lesson. Not that I did much learning. I just for the most part looked out and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Wahoooooo!!!!
I did take the stick for about two minutes but decided I did not want to be nervous and told the pilot that I would just enjoy the ride. I sure did!!
Today is cloudy and our last day and last game. Yesterday was hot. Today may be hotter but I hope the clouds keep it cooler. Under 90 is what I mean by cooler. Tomorrow my bro and I head for home. We still do not know which way we will go yet.
We have to find a new house to rent too. The owner is no longer renting after our stay. We were not the cause she assured me. So it's back to VRBO and a search for a 5 bedroom rental. Such is life.


1 comment:

  1. Let me get this straight....you didn't want to pay $6 to see the lake so you bought a glider ride for $5.99 to see the lake, right?
    What a goof....but I'm glad you had the experience and enjoyed the heck out of it! By the way, how was the lake???

    ReplyDelete