Tuesday, March 24, 2009

San Fran


A dash through San Fransisco. We left Oceanside on Sunday and drove to Santa Barbara. Stayed at the same place we stayed in two years ago on the way to Spring Training. Had dinner at the Endless Summer Restaurant where we did two years ago. Bill had the fish and chips again. I had Dolphin (the fish kind or Mahi Mahi as it is known). Don't think I had that last time.

So we left SB and headed north. Decided to skip Big Sur and Hiway 1 as it is slower than 101. Made a dash through San Fransisco with a short stop at a Tully's to get a coffee. Got a parking spot right in front right on Van Ness. So now we are in Santa Rosa. Two days to get home. Easy. Will probably stop somewhere in Northern Oregon tomorrow and then make the dash for home and and my sweetie and kitty. In that order too.

Sorry San, we wont be stopping in Shady Cove. Yeah Yeah..I know... Maybe next year. I'm sorry I missed you at Mom's.

The weather has been great the whole trip. Except for the day we hit the dust storms and then the rain after we left the Salton Sea. Since then sun all the time. A little cooler than normal they say but okay by me. I am after all a NW kid.

Time to find a dinner. The pools up here in CA are "seasonal". Which means they dont open them until May 1st. Pshaw!

I sure am ready to be home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment